Username Password: Remember me

XDCam Online Issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: XDCam Online Issues

XDCam Online Issues 5 years, 8 months ago #22910

• Ian Day
  • Trainee PA
Okay, I decided to throw this question out to the general public because it has become irritatingly frustrating and i don't understand why it is happening.

I am currently onlining a project where the majority of the source media is Sony XDCam EX3. I have been able to re-capture about 40 percent of the cut down media by selecting reels in the browser, going to batch capture - which then opens up the Log & Transfer window - asks me to select the reel/volume that media is associated with. When i do, it seems to mount the volume and only capture what i need for the online.

I was happy when this happened because i was struggling to get Log & Transfer to recognize the XDCam volumes in the first place.

However, I have hit a major speed bump. Some reels (most reels) when i select them bring up an error that says;

"Capture Preset must have a video or an audio digitizer set to capture. Please change to desired preset in the Audio/Video settings"

So, it would seem that it thinks that most of the media comes from a tape source or a source in which it doesn't automatically open the Log & Transfer digitizer.

Is there a way in the clips settings or something where i can tell FCP to recapture these clips using the Log & Transfer digitzer?

OR is there a workaround using the XDCam software that will allow me to proceed with the online - keeping in mind there is no need for me to digitize whole clips.

thanks for your help!

Ian

Re: XDCam Online Issues 5 years, 8 months ago #22911

• Chealion
  • Producer
To clarify; what is your Easy Setup set to? Is it set to an XDCam preset?

Re: XDCam Online Issues 5 years, 8 months ago #22912

• Ian Day
  • Trainee PA
Yeah, Easy setup doesn't seem to make a difference. It is set to XDCam - but there is no Capture preset for XDCam - Just have it set to 'Generic'.

Ian

Re: XDCam Online Issues 2 years, 10 months ago #23413

• janekong
  • Production Assistant
This post seemed has been this place for a while...nevermind, if someone encounter this problem,then you can update your fcp7 into fcpx . nowthe fcpx can support mxf files natively. Or if your mxf files include more than one audio channels, you can use some third-party to convert them seperately then load into your fcp.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds